[mythtv] *buntu trusty ppa: loss of multirec

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 28 23:20:46 UTC 2016

On 28/01/16 13:45, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 27/01/16 23:30, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 27/01/16 23:10, David Engel wrote:
>>
>>> Can you run mythtv-setup with -v database?
>>>
>>> David
>
> OK, I have a 123kB file.  I worked through the capturecard and input
> selector screens, setting max recordings to 5.  Now what?
>
> On inspection I notice:
>
> Some queries are getting 1-row returns from both hostname IS NULL and
> hostname = '6710b'
>
> I've been accessing the DB directly with
>
> mysql -umythtv -pmythtv -h localhost mythconverg
>

> ... and within 1 screen of the end there's an
>
> UPDATE capturecard ... schedorder = ''4,     livetvorder = ''5,  ...
> WHERE cardid = '5' <<<< Took 0ms
>
> and yet after exit both are zero.  Perhaps the ''n are pointers?
>
> John

I've just tested this on a Fedora 22 build of today's master.  I see
exactly the same symptom, of conflict when attempting to schedule
back-to-back recordings after deleting and re-activating (the same) usb
tuner;  the same direct update of the DB restored normal operation.

Of course I might have a similar misconfiguration of both boxes, but ...

  v0.28-pre-3498-ge5b211f