[mythtv] [UPDATED] 0.28 Release Schedule

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:14:43 UTC 2016

On 20 January 2016 at 14:30, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 06/01/16 21:33, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As master has been stable for some time, and
>> it is now time to start releasing 0.28.
>>
>> The release schedule for 0.28 is as follows
>>
>> Release Candidate 1 - 11th January
>> - Feature Freeze, Translatable String Freeze
>> - Further bug fixes allowed
>>
>> Release Candidate 2 - 18th January
>> - After this date, major, critical and blocker bug fixes only
>>
>> Release Candidate 3 - 25th January
>> - After this date, critical and blocker bug fixes only
>> - Translations to be completed and committed by 31st Jan
>>
>> 0.28 Release - 1st February
>>

> So the new timelines are as follows
>
> 1st Feb - cut a beta for 0.28, and ideally tag 0.27.6
>
> 29th Feb - cut RC1
>
> 28th Mar - release 0.28
>
> probably be additional RC's between RC1 and release.

Any idea if there is still sufficient test coverage of LiveTV using
Hauppauge PVR-xx0 cards (baseband video input, not tuner)? LiveTV on
0.27.5 is unusable for me with a PVR-150 card - but I see no issues
whatsoever with DVB, or with recordings from the PVR-150.

With the delay added to the release schedule I will try to put
together another test box (separate to MBE) with another PVR-x50 card
for more testing, but I'd love to hear from developers/users who use
and test this combination of card/Live TV and do not experience any
issues.

Cheers,
Nick