[mythtv] LiveTV start channel

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:00:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:08 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> While testing some new stuff, I was doing a lot of deleting/creating of
> 'recorders'.  During this process I ran into an issue starting LiveTV
> because of recorder/channel miss-matches.  The attached patch fixed it for
> me.  However, I am assuming that the code was written the way it was for a
> reason.  Can anyone that uses LiveTV take a look at this and see if this is
> the correct solution?

I would check whether this patch honors a channel change request during
Live TV (via direct entry, or channel up/down, or through EPG channel
selection).  Also whether it honors the "Watch This Channel" menu item when
you enter the EPG from the main menu (not from inside Live TV).

There's always been an issue that starting Live TV could fail if the start
channel has "gone bad" for some reason, like it's not broadcasting during
the wee hours, or the cable provider shifted channels around.  Sadly, the
workaround was usually direct DB manipulation.  The "Watch This Channel"
feature was added in part because of this.

BTW, if you end up making that change, please also change the SpawnLiveTV
signature to be "const QString &startchan" .  :)

Jim