[mythtv] 0.28 Release Schedule

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 14:51:16 UTC 2016

On Saturday 09 Jan 2016 14:16:06 Lawrence Rust wrote:
> Ubuntu 12.04 is just 3 years old

Much closer to 4 years old ...

Which I'd agree wouldn't be very long if it wasn't for the fact that there is
absolutely no hardship in upgrading to 14.04. I don't even think our Ubuntu
packagers have any interest in supporting 12.04 any more.

Even commercial users of MythTV,  producing appliances aren't using
distributions as old as 12.04.

> I don't want to support a 20 year old code base like Windows did
> (before 10) but at least 5 years seem appropriate.

Well to that point, QT 4.8 IS over 5 years old and is officially EOL.

Certainly post 0.28 maintaining QT 4 support would be impossible since it
would preclude us taking advantage of any QT 5 features.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV