[mythtv] MythTV 0.28 and systemd and Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) or 16.04 (xenial)

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Jan 7 21:11:01 UTC 2016

Hi Guys

Since Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) is not yet ready I am trying 0.28 with
15.10  (Wily).

I installed xubuntu 15.10 and installed mythtv 0.28 from ppa:mythbuntu/0.28

It looks like it is still trying to use Upstart, but Upstart has now
been replaced by systemd.  The backend is not starting up. It still is
using a script in /etc/init/

Am I missing something here?

I am trying to get up to speed with systemd. As far as I can see we need
a script in /etc/systemd/system/ and we need to run "sudo systemctl
enable service-name.service".  Can I help with getting this set up?  I
can create a script and test it then send it on to you for including in
place of the upstart script?

Peter