[mythtv] mythbackend: Suppress timestamp in log?

Cédric Schieli cschieli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:45:28 UTC 2016

> And while reworking the logging is a long term
> goal, I think that adding in the option to to directly
> log via sd_journal_[print|send] might be a good
> enough interim solution with maybe a new
> --journal-logging command line option?
>
> I sort of have coding such to submit as a feature
> patch (for consideration) on my "wish I had some
> time to contribute right now" list, but every time
> I look at the logging I have found myself starting
> to look at danielk's (not complete) logging rewrite
> branch.  I need to stop doing that and just add
> in journal logging (at the next time I have time).
> Of course, if anyone else gets there first, I will
> not be upset.

This was also on my todo list for a very long time, so I decided to give it
a whirl...
It's a bit hackish, because I've hijacked the SyslogLogger, but I think
that it make it less intrusive: it's still a kind of syslogger after all.

Tell me if it's worth polishing it up and making a formal submission.

https://github.com/sdrik/mythtv/tree/features/journal/master
https://github.com/sdrik/mythtv/tree/features/journal/0.27