[mythtv] Ubuntu Mate on Raspberry Pi2

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 17:20:29 UTC 2016

As discussed in the IRC chat, I fixed the issue of setuid hanging the
front end, and recompiled with all of the same configure settings as
used in the PPA build.

There are still multiple issues with running the front end under Ubuntu
Mate on Raspberry Pi 2. The sound cuts in and out during playback if
ALSA is selected. Playback is jerky. If I select pulseaudio the sound is
out of sync with the picture. Jumping back or forward causes sound to go
off. Exiting playback hangs the system indefinitely on "Please Wait...".
I have attached the setuid patch here. I will be away for a week. I will
look at it some more after that.

If anybody has had better luck with Ubuntu Mate please let me know.

Peter