[mythtv] mythbackend: Suppress timestamp in log?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 02:57:07 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> .... console output will end up in the journal
> too* and if memory serves, that's the one without the helpful
> info.

Right, and that is why I said

   "I presume you are using stdout to the journal?"

So, you were responding to a completely different
set of conditions even though you explicitly
quoted and replied to my email.  If you are logging
stdout, it is NOT in there (as you agree).

Yes, MythTV gives one enough rope to hang
yourself, and a few others, along the way.
Add in systemd, with more knowledge than
most boy scouts regarding knots, and you
can have some interesting results.