[mythtv] State of Raspberry Pi 2 build

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:32:37 UTC 2016

> Wiadomość napisana przez Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> w dniu 09.02.2016, o godz. 19:20:
>

> Piotr,
>
> Lawrence Rust is still working on improving playback on RPi2.
> There are some patches to mythtv master (not on github yet) which may assist you, in particular patch 0308-VO-Threaded-softblend-OSD-rendering.patch from http://softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2.
>
> I did a quick and dirty build with just this patch and it does improve playback in xcb, less jerkiness when displaying information on screen whilst in live tv.
>
> There are some other patches in which may be relevant, I did try applying all of the Lawrence Rust patches to mythtv master but building using mythbuild.sh failed (I think a number of the patches are not longer needed)
>
> Mike

Mike,
Thx for poiner.
I’m tracking LVR commits and also noticed threaded softblend patch. It looks interesting :-)
I’m on short holidays and beg.next week I’ll update MiniMyth2 RPI2 edition.
New ver. should have at least:
-playback defaults OOB ready for RPI2 (so no need to setup playback profile for RPI2)
-fixed reboot/shutdown
If xcb will look promissing - I’ll consider to switch default from EGLFS to xcb….

br