[mythtv] (fixed) Re: Master build failure after Fedora23 > 24

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 13 19:23:50 UTC 2016

On 08/12/16 21:07, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/12/16 12:30, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> As another data point, on the fc24 box,
>>>
>>> [john at HP_Fed SPECS]$ mock -r fedora-24-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --buildsrpm
>>> --spec mythtvmaster29pre229p#12901mock.spec --sources=../SOURCES
>>>
>>> followed by
>>>
>>> [john at HP_Fed SRPMS]$  mock -r SL-7-x86_64  --rebuild
>>> mythtv-master-0.29.229.s.fc24.src.rpm
>>>
>>> has created a full set of el7 packages - with the audiograph patch from
>>> #12901, which seems more benign than most of my later attempts.  But I
>>> haven't installed them yet on the production box.  Reported rebuild time
>>> was 53 min.
>>
>> Running ansible installed nothing new, and I have tried both with and
>> without Richard's patch of 16 April on the legacy-encumbered
>> INCLUDEPATH, which probably affected only the plugins.
>>
>> I still haven't been able to build rpms for fc24, but running
>> ./configure and make in the 'mock' directory left behind,
>>
>> /var/lib/mock/fedora-24-x86_64/root/builddir/build/BUILD/mythtv-master/mythtv
>>

>> seems to have succeeded.  I did it as 'john' and suspect that it won't
>> have used the clean 'mock' environment, but that probably isn't a
>> problem.  I don't know how safe (file locations etc) it will be to
>> install when I have previously run (in fc23) an rpm-based version.  Any
>> guidance appreciated.
>>

> I took the plunge and did 'sudo make install'   After setting up
> shared-library access and building plugins, operations seem to be back
> to normal - but I have never used and haven't tested autostarting
> features or many of the plugins.  Thanks to Peter Bennett et al for the
> 'Build from Source' wiki.

I'm now again able to build rpms for master, and have a working FE/BE
F24 box based on them.  I started from Richard's 0.28-10 specfile and
have made only minor changes to use the downloaded tarball in which the
top directory is 'mythtv-master'. These make dnf see it as a downgrade
from 0.28.  The only patches are for the audiograph display, where my
'improvements' are still not doing what I hoped.

Switching away from the non-rpm build above meant that I had to revert
the shared-library path change, and I have removed the stated dependency
on mythweb.  I removed that on ffmpeg too, but then found that
MythArchive needs mjpegtools which brought it back.

I haven't tried a rebuild for SL7 yet because of the current breakage of
DVD playback.

Thanks to all concerned.