[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 19:36:21 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-11-29 at 18:13 -0500, Chris Weiland wrote:
> I'm still not able to compile natively.  I got closer by adding the
> /opt/vc/include and /opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads to the includes
> and /opt/vc/lib to the libraries.  That got the openmax support enabled.
> However, the configure script still can't enable the OpenGL ES 2.0
> support.  Even when I add /opt/vc/include/GLES2 to the includes.

OpenGLES2 detection depends on Qt supporting it.  What version of Qt are
you building with?

Perhaps you can mail me the config.ep file to see what configure has
detected?

> In other news, I was able to run the pre-compiled 0.27-80 package.
> However, playback is a little scratchy.  The audio and video are a little
> stuttery.  CPU usage is ~25%.  I tried advanced, fast, and line-double
> deinterlacers, none of which looked any different or improved/degraded
> performance.  The jerkiness coincides with messages saying "Player(1):
> Waited 102ms for video buffers" with a bunch of capital letters afterward.

This looks like the GPU is running out of steam.  If you mail me a FE
logfile (with -v playback --loglevel debug) I'll see if I can spot the
bottleneck.

> I couldn't find any log prints about whether or not a deinterlacer actually
> got used.

Simple way is during playback to bring up the
menu/video/advanced/deinterlacer and see what type is selected.  You can
try selecting others to see the results.  The log file should also
report lines like:
VOMX:0 SetupDeinterlace switching on 'openmaxadvanced'

> I'm running Raspbian, if that makes any difference.

I'm running Raspbian Wheezy.  I will look shortly at supporting Jessie
too.

> Let me know if you need any more details or to run any more tests.

If you send config.ep I'll see if I can suggest a fix to build natively.

-- Lawrence Rust