[mythtv] FFmpeg 2.8.1 resync

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:14:03 UTC 2015

Dear all.

Please note that I think I've now completed the FFmpeg resync to the
latest version available as of today: 2.8.1-16.

This is all available in the devel/resync-ffmpeg28 branch.

Would appreciate if people could give it a try. There are a few other
fixes I've found along the way related to the Qt5 update. So I think
this version will overall work better than the current master.

I also added support in mythtv for HEVC (h265) and VP9.

area of testing:
- Mythconverg and various transcoding
- Play with the various HW accelerator (VAAPI and VDPAU)
- Audio playback (in particular digital passthrough)

Should thing go well, I'll be able to merge this branch into master.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards
Jean-Yves