[mythtv] FTA Satellite developer wish list

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net
Fri Jan 30 17:25:09 UTC 2015

	While not a developer, I've been following along on this list - figured
I would give my experience with FTA satellite action and MythTV.

	I got a cheap kit from Sadoun.com. I'm in the US. Shortly after setup,
my motor stopped moving East, so I leave it pointed at Galaxy 19.

	I have two Ku LNBFs - the one with the wider range does not seem to
work. Perhaps I don't know how to put in the correct values, the
frequency ranges are called something other than what MythTV calls them.
The other one I have set using the North America FTA setting - which
works okay when the weather is good. I believe my dish is aimed a few
degrees off, and I've had a hard time fine-tuning it.

	I am able to get a picture if I restart mythbackend, fire up the front
end, and tune. If I let MythTV fetch guide data, I will not be able to
tune anything afterwards, until I restart.

CentOS 6.5
Nexus-S DVB card
Diseqc USALS
30" dish
generic LNBF
MythTV .26 via atrpms

	I'm happy to provide more information, test stuff, or run beta-code.
Not able to compile latest MythTV on CentOS - some packages aren't new
enough to work.

(I am a VERY happy long-time MythTV user)