[mythtv] Merging cards and inputs, testing help needed

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 21:49:23 UTC 2015

On Jan 17, 2015, at 1:29 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> I have tested these changes on the tuners that I have available and
> things seem to work as intended.  The tuners I have are single input
> DVB cards and an HDHR Prime and a Ceton ETH6.  That leaves many other
> things I can't test myself and now need others with different tuners
> and setups to help me out.

I have a HVR-1600 which is a single DVB device with a single V4L2 device, a HVR-2250 which is a dual tuner DVB device and dual tuner ivtv device and an original HD HomeRun. I think that covers several of your desired scenarios. As I was testing I pulled various tables and saved them here: http://pastebin.com/my4TE4ns, the names are the same as mythconverg tables with underscore suffixes denoting when they were taken.

> Here are some general things I need tested by anyone who is willing to
> help.
>
> 1. Verify that the schema update results in a correct and working
> configuration.

The update went OK and the backend was able to record afterwards (_preconvert & _postconvert).

> 2. Verify that cards and inputs can still be added, modified and
> deleted.

Deleted my two 2250 devices and recreated them, I screwed up the first attempt so there might be a gap in numbering. The two 2250 tuners were then re-added with 4 simultaneous recordings rather than the 2 I usually run with (_add2250).

Deleted my ivtv tuner and re-added it along with the two analog tuners for the 2250 (_addivtv).

I then added input connections (_addedinputconnections).

> Here are some more specific things that I need tested by anyone with
> the right hardware.
>
> 3. Verify that multiple inputs on V4L and HD-PVR tuners still work
> when they are configured as separate cards.

I don't see how to configure each input on a V4L card. My various IVTV devices have tuner, svideo and composite inputs but I don't know how to configure more than one at a time. I think I've done this in the past so something may have changed and left me disoriented.

> 4. Verify that multiple inputs on a DVB card still work.  I don't
> fully understand what having multiple inputs on such a card really
> means, but MythTV appeared to have some support for it and I tried not
> to break it.

Also not sure what this is.

I ran out of time to do much testing with recording mostly because I'd have to rescan the on dvb device I deleted and recreated but the devices I didn't delete/recreate continued to work as before. I did schedule three subchannels on the 2250 which was recreated with 4 (virtual?) tuners and the scheduler did know to put then all on that one device. When it came to start recording it failed due the device's channels to not being scanned but the scheduling part seems fine.

If you want something else or more detail I can test again Monday and Tuesday and then I won't be able to do anything for a week.

- George