[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by stuartm. v0.28-pre-2596-gd7d61ba

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Feb 4 19:29:06 UTC 2015

On Feb 4, 2015, at 9:37 AM, Git Repo Owner <noreply at mythtv.org> wrote:

> commit a4f65ce15bab0f4e867ead0a704b0077b0fa8025
> Author:    Stuart Morgan <smorgan at mythtv.org <mailto:smorgan at mythtv.org>> at Wed, 4 Feb 2015 12:34:59 +0000
> Committer: Stuart Morgan <smorgan at mythtv.org <mailto:smorgan at mythtv.org>> at Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:35:58 +0000
>
> Protocol: Explicitly distinguish between frontends and other clients with 'ANN Frontend’

Question: what should one do if you’re not a frontend but still want to block shutdown while your app is in use?

Another way to ask this is what makes a frontend? I imagine you did this to sanitize the list of clients for the “play on…” list which is all to the good but leaves an empty space for clients who can’t render videos but do want to prevent the backend from idling out and going away.

Perhaps there’s a need for an “App” or “Relay” announce type which fits below Frontend and above Monitor.

- George