[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Dec 9 21:23:15 UTC 2015

On 09.12.2015 21:48, Lawrence Rust wrote:

> Off-loading audio decoding is going to take some significant changes in
> avformatdecoder since the current structure assumes that ffmpeg will
> always decode the audio stream.  It's not impossible but it needs
> careful thought.

Just a random thought. We have switching between digital passthrough for
normal speed and decoding/re-encoding for slower/faster playback.
Maybe it is an option to have a three-way AudioOutputAlsaWithOpenMAX
that switches between HDMI passthrough, OpenMAX decoding and software
decoding?

See void MythPlayer::syncWithAudioStretch()
https://code.mythtv.org/doxygen/classMythPlayer.html#a0f3ae4919486ce5df5381351964588b0

Regards,
Karl