[mythtv] Service API call which returns MythTV Version?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:19:49 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 09:24 PM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>>
>> The Services API states that there are changes between 0.27 and 0.28.
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/API_parameters_0.28
>>
>> Is there a Service API call which returns the MythTV version number so
>> that the appropriate request can be made?

Yeesh. I've managed to find the version number

http://192.168.10.11:6544/Channel/GetVideoSourceList

{
  "VideoSourceList": {
    "AsOf": "2015-12-07T04:07:19Z",
    "Version": "0.28.20151024-1",
    "ProtoVer": "87",

But VideoSourceList is a weird place to find it.

I'm also finding that not all the fields in the channel table are
available through the get/set methods

http://192.168.10.11:6544/Channel/GetChannelInfo?ChanID=1001
{
  "ChannelInfo": {
    "ChanId": "1001",
    "ChanNum": "1",
    "CallSign": "OND",
    "IconURL": "",
    "ChannelName": "XFINITY On Demand",
    "MplexId": "32767",
    "ServiceId": "0",
    "ATSCMajorChan": "1",
    "ATSCMinorChan": "0",
    "Format": "Default",
    "FrequencyId": "1",
    "FineTune": "0",
    "ChanFilters": "",
    "SourceId": "1",
    "InputId": "0",
    "CommFree": "false",
    "UseEIT": "false",
    "Visible": "true",
    "XMLTVID": "74348",
    "DefaultAuth": "",
    "Programs": []
  }
}

I was expecting to see recpriority in there, but it's not being
returned, even when it's not the default value.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Service#UpdateDBChannel

States that it's a POST, but which fields are being used by the
backend to make a match? If I need to update something like the
callsign for chanid 1010 then which parameters are used to single out
the one matching station?