[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 16:14:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 20:14 +0000, Thomas Mashos wrote:
[snip]
> Hi Lawrence,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I'm now including libgles2-mesa-dev which
> hopefully will resolve that. I didn't see any qt specific packages for
> gles2.

MythTV's configure script queries Qt's build configuration using
pkg-config.  Qt has to be built with OpenGLES2 support for it to be
usable.  I note that you are building against the Debian standard Qt4 so
it doesn't support OpenGLES2.  Under these circumstances the OSD will be
limited to softblend only (CPU rendering) which is really only suitable
for SD video.

> I was using older code. The reason being is that I was pulling down your
> repo, making a patch from your commits and then integrating that into our
> build scripts. I've now created a new patch from all of your commits and
> I'm applying that. We'll see what happens with that build here
> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/stagingpatches/+build/8359637
>
> If it fails again with the same error I'll add in that code for you to
> confirm.

It looks like the build ran OK.  Let me know how testing goes.

-- Lawrence