[mythtv] Problem with https://www.mythtv.org

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Aug 20 18:16:41 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 11:42 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/20/2015 10:56 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Hi Developers
>>
>> Using Firefox, today I am unable to logon to https://www.mythtv.org.
>> Using Chrome I am able to logon.
>>
>> Firefox message is this:
>>
>> Secure Connection Failed
>>
>> An error occurred during a connection to www.mythtv.org. Invalid OCSP
>> signing certificate in OCSP response. (Error code:
>> sec_error_ocsp_invalid_signing_cert)
>>
>>      The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
>> authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
>>      Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
>
> You may have a corrupt certificate database in your profile
> (especially if you've recently upgraded your Firefox or something).
> Try deleting cert8.db from your profile directory when Firefox is
> completely closed and then restart and try again.
>
> Mike

Thank you Mike that solved it. The strange thing is, this happened on
two computers, so I jumped to the conclusion that it was a server
problem. I did recently upgrade and my firefox is at version 40.0. A
third computer is still at firefox version 39.0 and I get no error there
even without deleting cet8.db. So maybe firefox has an issue with
upgrading from 39 to 40?

Peter