[mythtv] Local install of mythtv

dennis deg at outlook.com
Wed Apr 8 19:08:52 UTC 2015

Sorry about the noise,  but I'm kind of new to trying to develop on
mythtv.  After looking through the configure script it looks like I only
needed to have set $prefix before running the configure, compiling and
installing.     Now everything is working ok. Setting INSTALL_ROOT
seemed to be my mistake.

What confuses me,  it seems like $prefix actually compiled into the
executables ( for example the location of "filters" directory ).      Is
this the case, or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Dennis