[mythtv] Can't compile master in SL7.1beta

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Apr 4 12:38:36 UTC 2015

I have SL7rolling on a 'new' Core2Duo box, and a working self-build of a
recent qt4 master under SL7.0 on a similar box.  Repos enabled are
SL7rolling etc or SL7x etc, epel, nux-dextop, elrepo.   ansible doesn't
know SL but installed some packages, and after editing specfile
references to qt and installing the packages listed as missing, the
build process starts.  Tarball v0.28-pre-2807-g9efb747.

But then it fails.  Problems listed a little earlier are:
###########
libavcodec/x86/fft.asm:54: warning: section flags ignored on section
redeclaration
#########
libswresample/x86/resample.asm:48: warning: section flags ignored on
section redeclaration
##########
LD      ffserver_g
CP      ffmpeg
STRIP   ffmpeg
CP      ffprobe
STRIP   ffprobe
CP      ffserver
STRIP   ffserver
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/john/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-master/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/john/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-master/mythtv/external'
make: *** [external] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.JDBJcc (%build)

RPM build errors:
     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.JDBJcc (%build)
#########

To me, these don't look to be qt5-related.  Should I just wait for SL7.1
release? (Or qt5-based *buntu)? :-)

TIA

John P