[mythtv] a MySQL problem

David Beveridge dave at bevhost.com
Tue Sep 30 20:41:15 UTC 2014

You don't need quotes around the password unless there is a space in it or
something else than needs quoting
You don't need to put a space after the -u

You must not put a space after -p

This should work...
mysql -uuser -hserver -ppassword databasename
This will also work
mysql -u user -h server -ppassword databasename
Although it is customary to enter the password and not put it on the
command line eg:
mysql -uuser -hserver -p databasename

if -h is omitted defaults to localhost (/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)

dave