[mythtv] upnp music again

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Sep 27 10:16:44 UTC 2014

On 27/09/14 10:20, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 26/09/14 12:22, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I'm still having difficulty with MythMusic's classification system,
>> but I do now have some indication of what is going wrong with the upnp
>> player.  I've gone back to basics, with the SG set to a folder which
>> contains a single mp3 file,
>>
>> /home/john/Musictest/swallows1.mp3
>>
>> I have scanned for changes.  The frontend will play it, and I see it
>> in the upnp menu.
>>
>> On trying to play it the upnp log shows:
>>
>> GetFile - Unable to find
>> /home/john/Musictest///home/john/Musictest/swallows1.mp3.
>> HTTPRequest::FormatFileResponse('') - cannot find file
>> HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) () :404 Not Found -> 192.168.0.2: 2
>>
>> So, where should I look for the duplication of the folder name?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> John
>>

> Don't know anything about the upnp stuff  but these queries would at
> least tell us if the music tables are correct.
>
> There is a 'Reset Music Database' button on MythMusic's  general
> settings page if you want to start from a clean database.
>
> SELECT * from storagegroup WHERE groupname = 'Music';
>
> SELECT song_id, directory_id, name, filename FROM music_songs;
>
> SELECT * from music_directories;
>
> Paul H.

Hi Paul;  Thanks.  Firstly, I changed the Music SG to
/home/john/MusicSG1 but I'm still getting the old name coming up in the
first part of the  'unable to find' line in the log above.

Tests below done after reset, copy in of podcast file and scan for change.

mysql -umythtv -pmythtv -hlocalhost mythconverg

mysql> SELECT * from storagegroup WHERE groupname = 'Music';
+----+-----------+-----------+----------------------+
| id | groupname | hostname  | dirname              |
+----+-----------+-----------+----------------------+
| 17 | Music     | presv5000 | /home/john/MusicSG1/ |
+----+-----------+-----------+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT song_id, directory_id, name, filename FROM music_songs;
+---------+--------------+---------------------------+-------------------------------+
| song_id | directory_id | name                      | filename

+---------+--------------+---------------------------+-------------------------------+
|       1 |            1 | britainsea 20140609-1359a |
britainsea_20140609-1359a.mp3 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT * from music_directories;
| directory_id | path                | parent_id |
|            1 | /home/john/MusicSG1 |         0 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

John