[mythtv] Plans for SchedulesDirect?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Fri Sep 19 15:06:35 UTC 2014

I don't want to fragment discussion too much, but I did want to post
something on -dev to call attention to discussions on -user about the
upcoming SchedulesDirect changes.

It sounds like the existing mythfilldatabase bundled with MythTV will
stop working in November (though I'm not 100% certain of this), and
there are solutions being discussed on -user and on the
SchedulesDirect forums.

I wanted to understand what the roadmap for MythTV is.  Are there
plans to incorporate one of these solutions into MythTV, or to
otherwise update mythfilldatabase to use the new data source?  If
nothing else I just wanted to make sure the issue had attention since
I don't see any discussion originating from the MythTV developers.

Feel free to reply here or on one of the existing threads.  The only
other thread started on -dev is for a JSON grabber and I didn't want
to hijack that thread for that particular solution to discuss a
roadmap that might be for a different solution.

--
Rich