[mythtv] Building rpms for master

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:46:56 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:07 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> I attached a spec diff to that post, in which 'Version' changed from
> 0.27.3 to master.
>
> yum is now offering the 0.26.1 packages as an upgrade :-)

You really have two options here (other than living with the issue). You
can fake a version number that's high enough that yum doesn't think there
is a newer version based on NEVR (Name, Epoch, Version, Release) or you
could set the Epoch to something >0.

Epoch is not used frequently but it's main use is when you need to
downgrade a package within a distribution to a lower version, it can be
used as an override. My RPM Fusion package doesn't have Epoch set (implies
0) so if you add it to the spec file (somewhere near the top, perhaps after
"Name:" that should prevent yum from trying to "update" your package.

JYA has just commented here
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/575524#575524
> on 'configure' options, which I also had to modify.

I saw that so I removed some old useless config cruft that's made it's way
into the spec file.

Thanks,
Richard