[mythtv] Upgrade database from command line

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:10:32 UTC 2014

On 5 September 2014 01:08, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> IIRC, patches are always welcome. If you do decide to do this, can you
> somehow incorporate a "default db settings" file or something? I'm
> working on some packaging issues that we discussed in #mythtv
> regarding our (Mythbuntu) default DB, but I really need a way to set
> some defaults in the DB (eg. theme, storage group location, etc) and
> I'm not finding a non-hacky way to do that.

It would be awesome to have a small utility, that can be packaged
outside of mythtv so people can easily upgrade from an old version of
myth (0.21 and earlier) to 0.24 DB schema, and then 0.27 without
having to install a whole system like what is currently being
discussed in the mythtv user mailing list