[mythtv] Upgrade database from command line

Grant Gardner grant at lastweekend.com.au
Tue Sep 2 22:38:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Is there a mechanism to upgrade the database from the command line?

I know that both mythtv-setup and mythbackend will do the upgrade, but I
need something that can exit when the upgrade is complete.

This is to support the experimentation I am doing with MythTV and Docker
containers.

I can see the opportunity to provide a command line option to mythbackend
or mythutil.

If I was to write a feature patch which would be the best place to do it?

--
Cheers,
          Grant