[mythtv] Couldn't upgrade database to new schema

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 14 09:20:17 UTC 2014

On 14/10/14 09:18, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
> Quote/Cytat - John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> (Tue 14 Oct 2014
> 09:56:47 AM CEST):
>

>> In the absence of any better suggestions, would you be able to
>> reinstall a version that uses your current DB, run the optimize tool,
>
> Which tool do you mean?
>
>> and then try going to master again?  upnp is working well for me now,
>
> I'm looking forward to test it.
>
> Best regards
>
> Janusz

I run these from the command line. Others run them as chron jobs. Your
distro may put them somewhere else.

$  perl
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-master/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl

No 'help' for this one.  Just read it.  It's short.

$  perl /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl --help

HTH

John

Perhaps this should be in the 'users' list now?