[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by stuartm. v0.28-pre-2290-g0a0872e

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 18:24:19 UTC 2014

On Sunday 12 Oct 2014 13:47:04 Stuart Morgan wrote:
> OK, I'm able to reproduce the issue with a manual GET. The problem seems to
> be that QAbstractSocket doesn't update the status when the remote host
> closes the connection. We think the socket is still connected and continue
> to write the entire file to it. The socket buffer is now huge and we start
> to run out of memory, this causes the slowdown.

As it turns out my reading of the situation was slightly wrong,  I'd
unintentionally removed a line in the original commit which allowed the
request worker to yield to the http server and the socket status to be
updated.

Everything should now work as intended and I've added some additional logging
to help debug problems in this area in the future.
--
Stuart Morgan