[mythtv] auto expire problem with "max episodes" option

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Oct 11 03:20:19 UTC 2014

On Oct 9, 2014, at 2:07 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Perhaps these are getting duplicate = 0 because the recording quality code determined them to be damaged (and it's unrelated to whether it's a generic episode)?

That's a good point, I never thought about the damage detection code getting involved but I doubt every single broadcast since April 20 has been flakey because I've watched a lot of them and they're solid.

> You do seem to have quite a few with subtitles (I'm assuming they're not generic, though it's a guess since I don't have program IDs) that are also marked duplicate = 0

That's a misread. I mentioned, but it's getting lost with all these details, that one show in question doesn't have episode descriptions available until after the broadcast. I have a script that scrapes their website and updates the subtitle column but they still have generic program IDs. But, there are other shows which are pure schedules direct for episode info and they have the same auto expire problem when generic episodes are present.

Anyway, I'm travelling until next week and can't do much but when I get back I'll turn on SQL logging as one of these generic episodes starts and see who writes what to the "duplicate" column when. That's probably the key to all this.

- George