[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by stuartm. v0.28-pre-2267-gad5f589

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:46:50 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 16:51:40 Stuart Morgan wrote:
> I've been through it again and have come up with another patch addressing
> more issues I discovered. No guarantees it will work for you, but it's
> worth a try.
>
> Second patch attached to:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12280
>
> Should be applied on top of the latest master.

It's possibly premature to celebrate, but with this patch in addition to the
others I've recently committed every file I've tried will lossless transcode
perfectly. I say perfectly, but obviously I haven't watched any of these from
beginning to end to see that there are no issues around the cut points.

This includes several which mythtranscode choked on in the past. One of those
is a recording made in 2007 which has never worked, until now. (A rare
correctly framed broadcast of Fight Club, all later broadcasts were horribly
cropped at the top/bottom).

Issues which may have been present in the past such as corruption and audio
sync are unlikely to be affected by recent commits. I've no intention of taking
those on at this time.
--
Stuart Morgan