[mythtv] EPEL 7 source package set

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:06:01 UTC 2014

Out of curiosity I went to the trouble to figure out what packages are
missing for EPEL 7 and was finally able to build MythTV binary packages.

I'm not interested in getting into the repo business but if someone else is
interested ti playing with them I can tar up the the whole thing and make
them available online.

It requires an EPEL 7 OS (RHEL, CentOS, SL, etc, with Fedora EPEL[1]
repository enabled) or a current Fedora release and mock[2].

I would to build with mock even if you are running an EPEL distro because
it provides mockchain[2] to chain build the packages unless you really want
to try to document the build order.

It doesn't do anything intelligent, but if a package fails to build and
later another one succeeds, it will try again.

The other advantages of mock is it builds all the packages in a chroot so
you don't have to actually install all the development packages system wide.

It will take a long time the first time to download and cache all the
packages and chroot but subsequent rebuilds should be faster.

Thanks,
Richard

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock