[mythtv] Trac: Submission rejected as potential spam (Akismet says content is spam)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 14:47:27 UTC 2014

On Friday 14 Nov 2014 14:20:55 John Pilkington wrote:
> This is getting tedious.  Everything posted appears to be lost.  What am
> I supposed to do?

I don't know why Akismet doesn't like you, but my best guess is that someone
who previously had your IP address was responsible for spam or there are just
a lot of spammers using @tesco.net email addresses. If they've blacklisted you
there may be an appeals process available - https://akismet.com/

I've reduced the weighting on Akismet results which may help, but we simply
can't afford to disable it entirely. The spam filters on Trac are at times
blocking hundreds of spam attempts a day, although it's currently a bit
quieter (~40 in the last 24 hours).
--
Stuart Morgan