[mythtv] API Bug or Feature?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu May 15 00:21:53 UTC 2014

On May 14, 2014, at 7:34 PM, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then it occurred to me, that Mythtranscode tries to go as fast as it can when transcoding the HLS stream… Is there a mechanism in place to prevent that? So it won’t reach the end of the live recording and then stop?

There's no such mechanism. Live TV doesn't really fit in to the current HLS streaming architecture where it HLS-izes a file in one shot from start to finish. A future change is planned where myth pretends all programs have been HLS transcoded and then creates segments on the fly as clients request them. Live TV support will probably shake out as a side effect of that code but who knows when it'll arrive.

- George