[mythtv] API Bug or Feature?

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 18:02:15 UTC 2014

Ok, So working with the API for my iOS app... I noticed I was getting
Channels that I had made Visible=False. So I thought ok when I pull the
Guide with GetProgramGuide I will check that Visible Field and exclude the
channels marked false. Here is the issue. The Data Contract for
GetProgramGuide tells me that I will get back: ChannelInfo[] Channels,
which is supposed to include the all the fields in the api for a channel.
Instead I only get back:

<ChanId>1143</ChanId>
<ChanNum>143</ChanNum>
<CallSign>G4</CallSign>
<IconURL>/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1143</IconURL>
<ChannelName>G4</ChannelName>

Not the whole channel api fields... No Visible field... I can get all the
fields if I use the GetChannelInfo or GetChannelInfoList calls. Do we
really want to have to call the API once for guide Data, then again for
each channel? Is this a bug, oversight? Can I open a Trac Bug and then file
a Patch? Or should we Programmatically limit the GetProgramGuide call to
just include the Visible Channels?

I wasn't sure if anyone is maintaining or working on the API.

Greg