[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Sun Mar 23 03:52:14 UTC 2014

On 03/22/2014 09:12 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 23 March 2014 13:59, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
> <mailto:jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com>> wrote:
>

>     So I can't see any differences between the working front-end
>     (ID41) and the seg-faulting one (ID11).
>     I am still not completely in tune with what you mean by mixing old
>     library and a new one. Perhaps you mean on the front-end and
>     backend? The ID41 front-end is a happy camper.  On the backend
>     what seems to have been upgraded is:
>     libmyth-0.27-0 libmyth-python libmythtv-perl mythtv-backend
>     mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-dbg mythtv-transcode-utils
>     mythweb php-mythtv
>

> Did you ever compile mythtv from source?
No, but I did fiddle around with putting libraries in /usr/lib and
creating softlinks a while back when testing your stuff. That's clearly
the problem here.

> Uninstall all the mythtv packages , then perform a search in /usr and
> /usr/local and see if there's any libmyth*.so* remaining
>
> $ find /usr /usr/local -name "libmyth*"
Yep, indeed a library with softlinks was still there after deinstall
(/usr/lib/libmythtv-0.27.so.0)

Sorry for wasting your time! It is all working now.

Thanks!

// Jonas