[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Sat Mar 22 19:13:40 UTC 2014

JY,

I put debug compiled binaries on the front-end. It states it dumped a
core file, but nothing to be found. I have gone through the man core
documentation and I can't find why it wouldn't write the core file. I
even tried to run "mythfrontend.real --syslog local7" from an xterm and
while it starts myth and says it generates a core when I try to watch a
recording, the core can't be found. I also played with the apport system
and after the crash there is a growing file
/var/crash/_usr_bin_mythfrontend.real.1000.crash being generated. It
grows up to almost 5 MB and then just end up being 86k. Don't know what
is going on with that, but there is no stack trace after that.

I am running mythbuntu, do you know why I could not get a core file?
XBMC has no issue generating one.

Cheers,

// Jonas