[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:41:32 UTC 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 1:23 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:
>
> Could one of the issues here also be what tuner you are watching live tv on? I know some people have the recording and livetv priorities the same for all tuners, while others have them set in opposite directions to minimize the chance of tuner conflicts. Could it be that this problem only shows up if you are watching Live TV on the tuner that the show was scheduled to record on? I know I reported a similar sort of bug (which was fixed in 0.26) a few years back, though in that case, it was cancelling the recording rather than merely putting them into the wrong group: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10489
>

> Not for me. I have them opposite. That is, I watch on tuner 0 (or the lowest available) and the recording will start on tuner 2 (or the highest available). I did see a difference if I changed the recording schedule to start 5 minutes before the show would start though. It seems then I don't get the recording moved to the Live TV recording group.
>
> OK, it was just a thought, since it sounded somewhat related. Though note, even with your 5 minutes padding (assuming it's soft padding, not hard), if there isn't an extra tuner available and it needs to do back to back recording on a tuner, the soft padding would get chopped off and the problem would resurface. Or would myth kick you out of live tv before trying to do a back-to-back? I don't recall anymore how myth behaves in the scenario...the benefits of having lots of tuners :)
>

> --
> Ron Frazier

This happens all the time to me under the following conditions:
1. All tuners are set to livetv and recording priority defaults (meaning I haven’t done anything special with Priorities)
2. A frontend will be playing a channel (in this case 1232)
3. A recording is scheduled for that channel at 8am till 9am.
4. I came home for lunch at 12pm.. MythWeb still shows that the show is still recording. (yup 3 hours passed the Stop time)
5. It will continue to show recording no matter what I do by clicking stop recording, cancel the schedule etc. unless I:
a. Kill mythbackend
or
b. stop the live tv on the fronted.

6. The Show is in the LIveTV group twice. 1 as non expirable and the other as auto expire on.

Hope this helps finding the issue.

Greg