[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 11 16:03:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Jeff Breitner
<jtbreitner.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> One thing that might make a difference. I have all my recordings
>> set up with a 2min guard time before, so a live program at 18:00
>> will record at 17:50 and hence have different names. Might that
>> be why it works for me?
>>

> Very likely.  One of the requirements in the update query is
> record.starttime.  If that isn't the same, the problem won't occur.

Could one of the issues here also be what tuner you are watching live tv
on? I know some people have the recording and livetv priorities the same
for all tuners, while others have them set in opposite directions to
minimize the chance of tuner conflicts. Could it be that this problem only
shows up if you are watching Live TV on the tuner that the show was
scheduled to record on? I know I reported a similar sort of bug (which was
fixed in 0.26) a few years back, though in that case, it was cancelling the
recording rather than merely putting them into the wrong group:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10489

--
Ron Frazier