[mythtv] TVRec - Signal Monitor Deadline Value for Myth System Event.

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Jun 10 19:01:55 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-09 14:51, Malcolm Parsons wrote:
> On 6 June 2014 12:23, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 June 2014 20:49, Lincoln Rogers <lincoln at performaplus.co.nz> wrote:
>>> Is this so that a recording will keep attempting to tune until the end of a
>>> recording ?
>>
>> that.
>>
>> not sure there's much point to this... as if it doesn't tune quickly,
>> it's unlikely to ever tuned...
>
> If it doesn't tune quickly, I'd like MythTV to fail immediately and reschedule.
> There are HD, SD and +1 versions of several channels and I have
> multiple tuners, so MythTV should consider the other possibilities.
>
> Currently, when a half hour recording fails, MythTV automatically
> retries on the +1 channel.
> But if the recording is longer than an hour then the +1 channel is no
> longer a possible choice.

one possibility might be to tune to the channel a few minutes before the
show starts and if there is no signal for a minute or two try to
reschedule on another card.
if this is tried, say 5 minutes before the show starts, then it still
might be possible to record the show but on a different card at the
scheduled time.

some tuning parameters is probably needed and this tuning just before
shows starts might not work at all times if other recordings is ongoing.
but on the other hand, if a recording already is working then the card
probably will work next time too (back to back recording on same channel)