[mythtv] TVRec - Signal Monitor Deadline Value for Myth System Event.

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Jun 6 15:05:24 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-06 13:23, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 6 June 2014 20:49, Lincoln Rogers <lincoln at performaplus.co.nz> wrote:
>> Is this so that a recording will keep attempting to tune until the end of a
>> recording ?
>
> that.
>
> not sure there's much point to this... as if it doesn't tune quickly,
> it's unlikely to ever tuned...

that is probably true but if it didn't try to tune until end of
recording i would have lost a recording just a few days ago due to
another issue i have.

my problem is that the new ca module i have is a bit weird and have a
tendency to lock up if you do things wrong.
whenever i restart the computer or restart the backend i need to check
that i can still tune to a channel by starting live tv.

if things is broken the signal monitor gets stuck at TL (the first 2
characters, the rest is empty)
when that happens i have to unplug the ca module and reinsert it (still
with livetv running and the "you should have gotten a signal by now"
message) then the other characters shows up (TLMSC) and i get a picture
and problem is solved temporarily.

even my dvb box with same ca module sometimes fail to tune to a channel
but not as badly as mythtv.
mythtv is never able to recover by itself while on the dvb box i can
just change channel and then back and it works.

if i get some time i'll see if i can find a better workaround.
that new system event might be usefull.
what i was thinking is to see if it is possible to reset the ca module
when the backend starts or when it runs into problems.