[mythtv] Mariadb 5.5

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 28 12:48:21 UTC 2014

At 3:17 PM +0100 7/27/14, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>On Sunday 27 Jul 2014 10:07:20 Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>  Hi:
>>
>>  Is there any problem with using Mariadb 5.5 (currently 5.5.37) with
>>  Myth?  Is Mariadb now effectively a supported database?
>>
>>  Myth via MacPorts has used MySQL 5.1 for the past 2.5 years.
>>  MacPorts has made some changes such that I need to move to another
>>  database/version.  I could go with MySQL 5.5, 5.6 or even Mariadb
>>  10.0 or 10.1 but Mariadb 5.5 seems to be a 'safe', reasonable choice.
>>  Is there anything that tips the scales in another direction?
>
>I've been using MariaDB 5.5 for a year or more now. I don't really have much
>choice since my distro stopped shipping MySQL.

Were there any special configuration steps needed to make Myth work?
(Engines to enable or disable or some such?)

BTW, I realize that the devs would like to move to an embedded
database--and I couldn't support that more--but it isn't going to
happen right now. In the meantime, I need to pick a database/version.

Craig