[mythtv] Build error on Fedora rawhide

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:20:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this thread was recently revived I thought I would say that I can
> build both 0.27.2 and 0.27.3 on rawhide without issue now, not sure what
> changed.

Rawhide (and pre-F21) is using gcc 4.9.0 with some
specific pulled in fixes (one or more of which is
presumably significant to addressing the compiler
issue).  If one really wants to figure out the patch of
interest one can presumably do the research from the
spec file and the PRs/bugzillas resolved.  For myself,
I am just glad to hear it is working (I wrote (parts of)
compilers a long time ago, and now have just enough
remaining memory of that time to know that getting
things right can be very hard).