[mythtv] LiveTV creates empty file

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 03:05:31 UTC 2014

On 5 July 2014 10:36, Angela <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:
> I have always seen empty files created since 0.26 (0.27.1/2) with LiveTV.
> LiveTV is still functioning OK.
> I noticed on my latest test on master that it happens when changing mplex.
> I changed capturecard.signal_timeout and channel_timeout to 20000msec, but
> didn't have a positive effect.
>
> Which debuglevel should I use to create a logfile?

there's always an empty file created in liveTV, it's the dummy
recording. nothing to worry about. It will be deleted the next time
the auto-expire is run (it wasn't always deleted due to an issue Ive
resolved in 6e5d8cff72fb116d707d9cb165aec023c7fd3b27)

what playback issue are you having?

-v file --loglevel=debug on the backend would show which file are
created and when written to.
I recommend commenting in libs/libmythbase/threadedfilewriter.cpp
uint ThreadedFileWriter::Write(const void *data, uint count)

line #302:
    LOG(VB_FILE, LOG_DEBUG, LOC + QString("Write(*, %1) total %2 cnt %3")
            .arg(count,4).arg(totalBufferUse).arg(writeBuffers.size()));

that's very verbose with mpegts streams as it shows every 188 bytes written.
and ultimately adds very little useful information