[mythtv] MythWeb

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 30 19:03:53 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> > I don't think that was the point Jay was making. If you take over
> > port 80,

> Why would you need to take over port 80?

Let's skip the strawmen, and cut to the chase, shall we?

"If the MythTV backend core is replying to HTTP requests coming from the
Internet at large, it's bugs become security bugs, which could lead to
an attack by whatever user Mythbackend runs as.  If that's root, you could
lose the whole machine, not just the recordings."

Doesn't matter which port you have it on.

Cheers,
-- jra