[mythtv] rolling up my sleeves: a few questions about commflagging

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jan 26 21:09:45 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 08:41 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> So really, ClassicCommDetector::BuildBlankFrameCommList() needs to stop
> assuming a constant fps and roll with the change as it happens in the
> stream.

Unfortunately the frame_rate does not seem to be available too easily
during commercial detection.  I had hoped I could get it from
frame->frame_rate in ClassicCommDetector::ProcessFrame() but every frame
has a rate of "-1" there.

I'm afraid I'm out of my depth for a casual Sunday of hacking to try to
get an accurate measure of each commercial with it's own fps.

FWIW, I saw one commercial where the fps must have been changing during
the commercial because it had a wall-clock running time of 30 seconds
yet it's frame count was such that when divided by 29.97 it was about 27
seconds but when divided by 23.976 it was about 32 seconds.

Thoughts?

b.