[mythtv] Thanks for all the fish!

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jan 26 17:42:15 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Daniel Kristjansson" <danielk at cuymedia.net>

Thanks much for all the effort you've contributed to my sister never having
to leave her room.  :-)  Also, disk space; Seagate thanks you a lot, and
Hitachi is getting ready to.

>                              Third, do occasionally revisit well made
> decisions. For instance, this mailing list would probably be better
> served by a forum now even though it was entirely the right decision
> to make it a mailing list when the project was founded. Fourth, don't
> take anyone's advice too seriously.

I will take your third suggestion in conjunction with your fourth; 34 years
experience tells me that if you can't have a Usenet group, a mailing list
is still *much* better than a web forum; decoupling the interaction tools
from the data is always a better design: it reduces the cognitive load on
users who must interact with many different projects.

In closing, we promise to miss you, if you'll *just go away*.

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra