[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Feb 27 15:36:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 08:06:45AM -0700, Jonas Arndt wrote:
> >How do you trigger this problem? I look after a MythTV system for
> >someone else and they have run into the problem a number of times.
> >I was going to test the patch out on my own system, but first I
> >tried to trigger the bad behaviour running without the patch,
> >and was unable to. My system has more tuners. Perhaps that's relevant.
> Reproduce:
>
>  * Watch a channel Live prior to a scheduled recording start on the
>    same channel
>  * When the scheduled recording starts you can notice two tuners being
>    used (1 for the LiveTV and one for the Recording)
>  * You can now stop or continue watching LiveTV, it doesn't affect the
>    outcome
>  * The scheduled recording ends up in the LiveTV Recording group and is
>    not visible in Recorded Shows (unless you switch group)
>
> Don't these steps work for you Paul? For me I can reproduce it every
> time by doing just that. I am on 0.27 with the 12045 patch applied.
> I am running with 1 HDHomeRun Prime (cable) and 1 HDHomeRun
> (antenna) so I have all together 5 tuners. The other symptom is that
> after the second bullet you can't see the recording in the "Recorded
> Shows" while the recording takes place, which you do for all other
> recordings (i.e. recordings that are not to end up in the LiveTV
> recording group). Then once the recording is done it remains in the
> LiveTV recording group

The problem doesn't always happen here.  Sometimes it works as
expected with the live TV program in the Live TV group and the
scheduled recording in its desired group.  When it doesn't work, I
suspect the live TV entry is added second and incorrectly also updates
the scheduled recording's entry.

David
--
David Engel