[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Feb 27 14:35:50 UTC 2014

On 27/02/2014 14:07, Jeff Breitner wrote:

>     I've very briefly tried looking at it a couple of times.  A big part
>     of the problem is that much of MythTV assumes that any program will
>     never be recorded more than once at the same time.  Having a scheduled
>     and a live TV recordings going on at the same time breaks that
>     assumption and strange things happen.
>

> Which is why I didn't commit the patch into a branch; it is a bit of a
> hackey work around some of the twisted operational logic of Myth.  That,
> and I don't think I have commit access and I don't play in other
> people's repos without permission anyway.
>
> The patch works, but it may be time for improved logic in how Myth
> handles jumping between LiveTV and scheduled recordings.

How do you trigger this problem? I look after a MythTV system for
someone else and they have run into the problem a number of times.
I was going to test the patch out on my own system, but first I
tried to trigger the bad behaviour running without the patch,
and was unable to. My system has more tuners. Perhaps that's relevant.

Cheers,
	Paul.