[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Mon Feb 24 16:41:13 UTC 2014

On 02/24/2014 08:59 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 24/02/14 14:32, Jonas Arndt wrote:
>>

>> What is the process from when you commit a patch till it ends up in the
>> download on http://www.mythtv.org/download/mythtv/0.27 ? Are there
>> release schedules for bug fixes? I am thinking about the commit
>> 20f7cd2858e79385ceec07b2c19c7e4f84714e18 for ticket 12045
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> // Jonas
>>

> That commit was to the unstable development branch.  The download
> above hasn't changed since its release.  The 0.27-fixes branch gets
> backports of some but not all commits.
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac

Thanks John,

So that means that it will only show up in 0.28? A freezing front-end is
a pretty big deal. The priority of the ticket is set to blocker and the
milestone to unknown. As it is fixed (closed) I wonder what is the
process of getting this fix into 0.27-fixes (and by that pushed out to
the different distros)? Again, I am new to this project and that's why I
am asking all the questions. If there is a place to go read up on this I
am happy to do that. The problem with not pushing it to 0.27-fixes is
that every time a distro (e.g. Mythbuntu) is pushing out an upgrade you
will have the problem re-introduced.

Thanks,

// Jonas